Saturday, January 6, 2018

Rewiring and Reunion

                I was the recipient of modern technology and medicine with ablation on the left atrium of my heart. The surgery is done using tools threaded through two veins and an artery and is very precise as it targeted an area identified as damaged. Wayne said that as I awakened from the surgery I answered all the questions from the nurse in Korean so he acted as translator. The hospital bed I was placed in had a mind of its own and randomly called the nurse or readjusted itself through the night. Wayne stayed in the room with me and slept through all the excitement. They changed the bed in the morning just before they released me to go home. I had wonderful care and was able to come home with my nifty ECG device that records my heart ECG through an app on my phone.
Doing baby songs with Henry


                While I was in the hospital my children and grandchildren began to gather. Debbie and her children arrived first and were here when Wayne brought me home from the hospital.     Aaron came followed by Michael with his family. Wayne treated a group of family to a viewing of the new Star Wars movie.
                The next morning Michael took the cousins to the Nickel Arcade that his friend, Dan, owns. They love to go play laser tag and compete to see who can amass the most tickets from the games they play. Playing and being together were the memories they will keep.
                We rented a lodge in Garden City with a beautiful view of Bear Lake. There was room for everyone to sleep and lots of activities we could do indoors. Our plans for snow play didn’t work because our only snow was a dusting of fluffy powder in time for a white Christmas. It was good for snow angels and tromping around. All the family assembled except Kara who is in North Carolina as a missionary. I think the count was 30 plus one Chinese foreign exchange student.

                On Saturday our children planned a celebration for our 50th Wedding Anniversary with a wonderful meal, the chocolates served at our wedding reception, hand-made ornaments for the tree with our wedding photo, quiz games for Wayne and I that made everyone laugh, music from the grandchildren, a custom quilt with a block representing our milestones together, and a commemorative Christmas Stocking for everyone to remember this Christmas together. We certainly felt very loved.

                We celebrated Christmas with church attendance on Christmas Eve, dramatizing the Christmas story with props and costumes, and reading the story from Luke. There were matching pajamas, pictures, puzzles, karaoke, and carols. I love singing with my family.

Christmas morning there was a special brunch. a visit from Santa, and lots of presents.

This year, giving seemed to be more important than the gifts each received. The time together was a bit of heaven. I collected LOTS of hugs and read stories to the grandchildren every evening after our family devotional. It was wonderful to be taught by my children and grandchildren.

1 comment:

  1. You are very loved, Grandma! :) Love the pictures and the post.

    ReplyDelete